On Sequels!

Tuesday, February 11, 2020

| | |
I wanted to do a new kind of post today because today is an amazing day for sequels! Today 3 of my favorite debut novels are all getting sequels and I love that they get to share such a big day!

First up we have Heart of Flames by Nicki Pau Preto which is near and dear to my heart since I'm on the street team. I'm actually 200 pages into it and having a hard time putting this 600+ page tome down!
Here's a snippet of the review I posted last year, "If it isn't obvious, I can't get enough of this book. Nicki is an incredible writer and I can't wait to see where she goes next!" Well, I finally got this hot little (okay HUGE) book in my hands and LET ME TELL YOU IT IS GREAT. I got the owlcrate special edition (WHICH IS STILL FOR SALE) and it is simply stunning! Oh and be sure to watch my Instagram this week because I'm going to be giving away 2 coasters with original art by my fellow patrol member, Franzi (aka @snoillustrations on IG)!

Second we have Storm from the East by Joanna Hathaway. This is the follow up novel to Dark of the West, which I actually just finished yesterday! I was in love. This plot feels real and these characters stayed with me long after I set the book down! I am on the edge of my seat waiting to know how Ali and Athan end up! I'm also really excited because I'm meeting both Joanna and Nicki on Saturday at the Niagara on the Lake Library! More to come next week!

And last but certainly not least we have Sensational by Jodie Lynn Zdrok. Her debut Spectacle was one of my all time favorite books last year. A historical, murder mystery that left me completely enthralled! I've never wanted to visit a morgue more than while reading about the Paris one of old! This sequel promises so much more fun and murder that I am impatiently waiting for my library hold to come in! And the amazingly lovely author actually has a preorder campaign going on that includes requesting the book at your local library instead of just including those who can afford the book. If I didn't already adore Jodie this would have made me a fan!

Did I convince you? Are you going to pick any of these titles up? I hope so! Let me know in the comments or on IG @bookwormextraordinaire!

~Laura!

0 comments: