Review: Linger by Maggie Stiefvater

Sunday, July 11, 2010

| | |


Omigoodness! HI!

*fan girl scream*

I had a mini fit when I received my ARC copy of Maggie Stiefvater’s Linger! I’m so honored to have had a chance to read it early. I’m also glad that I follow Maggie Stiefvater on twitter (@mstiefvater) because I wouldn’t have known that the release date for Linger was moved from July 20th to this week Tuesday, July 13th.

I’m quite excited about this particular review because this is the very first time I’ve reviewed a book before the release day. However, I’m not sure I will do this amazing book justice with my review.

Title: Linger
Author: Maggie Stiefvater

Summary (B&N.com): In Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver, Grace and Sam found each other. Now, in Linger, they must fight to be together. For Grace, this means defying her parents and keeping a very dangerous secret about her own well-being. For Sam, this means grappling with his werewolf past . . . and figuring out a way to survive into the future. Add into the mix a new wolf named Cole, whose own past has the potential to destroy the whole pack. And Isabelle, who already lost her brother to the wolves . . . and is nonetheless drawn to Cole.

At turns harrowing and euphoric, Linger is a spellbinding love story that explores both sides of love - the light and the dark, the warm and the cold - in a way you will never forget.


My Review: This book was just as good, if not better than Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver. Once again I found myself thinking about the main characters Sam and Grace, and the supporting characters Isabel and the new character Cole, even when I wasn’t reading the book. Sam and Grace are just as lovable as they were in Shiver. Isabel is still the same, funny, sarcastic, and sad. I haven’t decided if I like the new kid Cole yet. He can be endearing and absolutely annoying at the same time, but it's nice to have another perspective to view Sam and Grace and even Isabel. I was very anxious when I was reading, Linger is full of suspense. I spent a majority of the time thinking “Oh. OH. That’s not good! No no no” or “AHA! I knew it!! But wait! Now what!?” I honestly don’t know how I’m going to handle the long wait until the next book in the Wolves of Mercy Falls series. I just can’t wait to find out what happens with Grace and Sam!

Check out my review of the first Wolves of Mercy Falls book, SHIVER.


0 comments: