Review: Scarlett Fever by Maureen Johnson

Saturday, July 31, 2010

| | |

Hi!

I ordered this book from my library the moment I finished Suite Scarlett and it finally came in yesterday….

Title: Scarlett Fever
Author: Maureen Johnson

Summary (B&N.com): Ever since Mrs. Amberson, the former-aspiring-actress-turned-agent, entered Scarlett Martin's life, nothing has been the same.
She's still in charge of the Empire Suite in her family's hotel, but she's now also Mrs. Amberson's assistant, running around town for her star client, Chelsea - a Broadway star Scarlett's age with a knack for making her feel insignificant.
Scarlett's also trying to juggle sophomore year classes, her lab partner who is being just a little TOO nice, and getting over the boy who broke her heart.
In the midst of all this, her parents drop a bombshell that threatens to change her New York life forever...

My Review: Scarlett’s older brother Spencer now has to share my heart with a new laugh out loud character in Scarlett Fever…. Murray the dog. He’s a small dog with a BIG personality, albeit it a very anxiety ridden one. Unfortunately, in this sequell to the great Suite Scarlett, I got more laughs out of Murray than of Spencer, but I didn’t mind much since Spencer had a lot on his plate. Spencer and Mrs. Amberson are still as funny and eccentric as in the first novel! There was a lot of interesting developments in this plot, so much so that as a reader I felt I didn’t see enough of the new characters that were introduced (the exception being of Murray the dog). There was also a very annoying cliff hanger ending that if I didn’t know there was going to be another book, I would have immediately marched to NYC and demanded Maureen Johnson to tell me what was going to happen!

Read my Review for Suite Scarlett here!

0 comments: