Review: Claire de Lune by Christine Johnson

Friday, December 31, 2010

| | |

Hi

Just a reminder this is going to be my last post and review of 2010 as well as my last post in this format.

Title: Claire de Lune
Author: Christine Johnson

Summary (B&N.com):
Torn between two destinies…

Claire is having the perfect sixteenth birthday. Her pool party is a big success, and her crush keeps chatting and flirting with her as if she’s the only girl there. But that night, she discovers something that takes away all sense of normalcy: She’s a werewolf.

As Claire is initiated into the pack of female werewolves, she finds her lupine loyalty at odds with her human heart. Burdened with a dark secret and pushing the boundaries of forbidden love, she will be forced to make a choice that will change her life forever. . . .


My Review: The last book I read that was solely about werewolves was Blood and Chocolate by Annette Curtis Klause and that was years ago. It was nice not having other fantasy creatures overshadow the werewolves, for once. Christine Johnson’s writing in Claire de Lune made me connect to a wolf pack like I never had before. I couldn’t imagine having my parent lie to me for 16 years about what she is and what I am to become though. I wouldn’t have been able to handle it I would have had a nervous break down but the main character, Claire while she was pissed at her mom, she handled it way better then I would have. It was also hard for me to imagine having to keep a secret that big. Keeping secrets for other people I am amazing at….it's keeping my own secrets I’m not so good at. If I become a werewolf there is no way I am not telling my best friends. What I really like though is that it was seriously different from all other stories about werewolves. You don’t get bitten to become one, you’re born one and only if you’re a girl. There are no male werewolves. And get this, werewolves aren’t myths, they’re real in this story and humans know about them (that doesn’t mean they accept them though as this story shows). Claire de Lune was all around a good book, I recommend it to all those who like werewolves and fantasy. Oh and props to goes out to Claire de Lune for its title it’s a whole new level of perfect, it sums it up so well with out even trying that hard.


0 comments: