Review: City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare

Saturday, April 23, 2011

| | |

Author: Cassandra Clare

Release Date: January 1st, 2008
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 443
Source: Bought (ages ago)
Series: The Mortal Instruments (book #2)
Other Titles in the Series: City of Bones (#1), City of Glass (#3), City of Fallen Angels (#4)

Summary (goodreads.com): A murderer is loose in New York City ...

... and the victims are Downworlder children. Clary Fray and her fellow Shadowhunters have a strong suspicion that Valentine, Clary's father, may be behind the killings. But if he is the murderer, then what's his true motive? To make matters worse, the second of the Mortal Instruments, the Soul-Sword, has been stolen, and the mysterious Inquisitor has arrived to investigate, with his eyes vigilantly targeted on Clary's brother, Jace.

Clary will need to face some terrifying demons and even more terrifying family decisions. No one said that the life of a Shadowhunter would be easy.


My Review:
I have come to the conclusion that I suck at writing reviews for books in my favorite series. So, I will keep this short and sweet. I like this book so much because it expands so much on the characters. This is the second time I’ve read it so I really understood it better. Cassie Clare puts her heart and soul into these books and CoA shows it. There’s so much tension between Clary and Jace I wanted to cut it with a knife. My favorite thing in this second installment of TMI was Simon; he’s just so sweet. Personally, I wish that Clary would just go for him, but I understand why she’s so caught up with Jace.



0 comments: