Review: 13 to Life by Shannon Delany

Monday, August 15, 2011

| | |

Title: 13 to Life
Author: Shannon Delany

Release Date: June 22nd, 2010
Publisher: St. Martin’s Griffin
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 308
Source: Bought (and had signed at TBF 2011)
Series: 13 to Life (#1)
Other Titles in the Series: Secrets and Shadows (#2), Bargains and Betrayals (#3), Destiny and Deception (#4 out January 31st, 2012)


Summary (goodreads.com): Everything about Jessie Gillmansen’s life changed when her mother died. Now even her hometown of Junction is changing. Mysterious dark things are happening. All Jessie wants is to avoid more change. But showing a hot new guy around Junction High, she’s about to discover a whole new type of change. Pietr Rusakova is more than good looks and a fascinating accent—he’s a guy with a dangerous secret. And his very existence is sure to bring big trouble to Jessie’s small town. It seems change is the one thing Jessie can’t avoid…


My Review:
I met Shannon Delany in May at TBF 2011 and attended her panel (with Rachel Hawkins of Hex Hall fame). She was super sweet and totally incredible. She wrote this for the first ever cell phone novel contest and she won! I think that’s so cool. Russian Mafia Werewolves? Oh yes, I think so! I really enjoyed this book, even though at times the plot was very high school (which is appropriate because that’s when it takes place). When I say High School, I mean that Jessie and Pietr act a tad childish when it comes to their relationship, but due to Jessie’s history with certain characters I forgive them for acting as such. There’s a scene in this book that also made me terrified to go on an ATV when I went camping this summer. However, I did go on it when my friend convinced me that she was a safer driver than a Russian werewolf. Read this!


0 comments: