Review: Prophecy of the Sisters by Michelle Zink

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

| | |

Author: Michelle Zink

Release Date: August 1st, 2009
Publisher: Little, Brown
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 352
Source: Borrowed from Library
Series: Prophecy of the Sisters (#1)
Other Titles in the Series: Guardian of the Gate (#2), Circle of Fire (#3)
Summary (goodreads.com): An ancient prophecy divides two sisters-

One good...

One evil...

Who will prevail?

Twin sisters Lia and Alice Milthorpe have just become orphans. They have also become enemies. As they discover their roles in a prophecy that has turned generations of sisters against each other, the girls find themselves entangled in a mystery that involves a tattoo-like mark, their parents' deaths, a boy, a book, and a lifetime of secrets.

Lia and Alice don't know whom they can trust.

They just know they can't trust each other.
My Review:
I read this upon the urging of two of my best friends who read it when it first came out in 2009. My one friend read it in one day, while the other read it in a double period of engineering (so about an hour and a half). I was convinced that it would be a brilliant book because they just blew through it like they couldn’t read fast enough. I didn’t blow through it at all, there was a slow start and it didn’t pick up until more than half way through. I felt as if I was always waiting for something to happen, something other than what the book jacket said. There’s a lot of talk and no action. However, I will be reading (and reviewing) the rest of the series because I am hoping it will get better. Overall, I liked this book, but it was nothing special.


0 comments: