My Ideal Bookshelf

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

| | |
I got the idea for this post from the book, My Ideal Bookshelf. It asks readers to think about the books that shaped their lives. Each contributor writes a few paragraphs about why the books they chose mean so much to them. The writing is accompanied by amazing drawings of the spines of the books. I cannot do that. I tried and failed so instead I took a photo of them. 

I had to think about this for months. Finally, I decided on these 6 (I count HP as one) because without them I wouldn't be me. I decided to keep my reasons short because it seems more powerful, if that makes sense. 

P&P was the first “classic” I ever read. I love everything about it.

84CCR is everything I want in life.

Before I read 13LBE I never wanted to travel.

Inkheart's main plot is that characters come out of books; it is my imagination in book form. 

TFIOS is the only book that has simultaneously made me laugh and cry hysterically in the same sentence.

Harry Potter is the reason I am the person I am today.
~Laura!

0 comments: