Review: Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians- Brandon Sanderson

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

| | |

Hey!~
This is the first book I read last summer. So, I figured I'd review it now for something to do while I'm in bed sick with the flu. Having the flu stinks but being able to read all day is an added bonus!


Title: Alcatraz Versus The Evil Librarians
Author: Brandon Sanderson


Summary (from the back of the book, I think this is easier so I'm going to do this from now on): A hero with an incredible talent...for breaking things. A life-or-death mission...to rescue a bag of sand. A fearsome threat from a powerful secret network...the evil Librarians. Alcatraz Smedry doesn't seem destined for anything but disaster. On his 13th birthday he receives a bag of sand, which is quickly stolen by the cult of evil Librarians plotting to take over the world. The sand will give the Librarians the edge they need to achieve world domination. Alcatraz must stop them!...by infiltrating the local library, armed with nothing but eyeglasses and a talent for klutziness.


My Review: First off I've got to say that this is one of my favorite books. Its really funny what with all the talking dinosaurs and evil romance novels (yeah you read that right). It's definitely easy-to-read, fast-paced book. I read this book in like three hours, I laughed practically every other page and got some seriously weird looks (i was at the library for the first half hour!).The title alone had me hooked, just thinking that librarians could be evil was funny to me (Sorry, Mrs Connelly). Sanderson is obviously trying to imitate Lemony Snicket withhis style of writing, but he does a great job. He inturupts the story quite a bit to be... well, weird, it works though. I would recommend this book to people who need a good laugh every once and a while and to Librarians most off all. If you like the Series of Unfortunate Events, I'm sure you'll like this book as well. I can't wait for Alcatraz 3!

I'll be posting my review of Alcatraz Versus the Scrivener's Bones, this book's sequel soon, so check in later.

Visit Brandon Sanderson's website, http://www.brandonsanderson.com/ to see all thing Smedry!


Once again if this review made you want to visit your local library to check this great novel out or just check to see if your favorite librarians are really part of a evil cult, tell me about it!


Oh and I've heard that some people are having trouble leaving comments (the comment box isn't coming up or something equally annoying), I'm working on fixing that!


~Read More,
Talk Less,
Rory!

(EDIT: I'm classifying this as both YA and Children's Lit because I can't decided which it is)

0 comments: