Review: Pride and Prejudice- Jane Austen

Saturday, January 24, 2009

| | |
Hey!~

I had never really wanted to read this book before 2005. But like most things I come to love, it was forced unto me by my best friend. I went to see the 2005 version of it with her and fell in love.


Title: Pride and Prejudice
Author: Jane Austen
Summary: "Vanity, not love, has been my folly."
When Elizabeth Bennet first meets eligible bachelor Fitzwilliam Darcy, she thinks him arrogant and conceited; he is indifferent to her good looks and lively mind. When she later discovers that Darcy has involved himself in the troubled relationship between his friend Bingley and her beloved sister Jane, she is determined to dislike him more than ever. In the sparkling comedy of manners that follows, Jane Austen shows the folly of judging by first impressions and superbly evokes the friendships, gossip and snobberies of provincial middle-class life.


My Review: Okay this is the first 'classic' I ever read. It's really hard to give this a fair review because 1) it's a classic and 2) it's been done so many times. This book was first published in 1813 (give or take) so its written in an oldder version of English. So if you can't read it or don't like to read that type of English this is definitely not the book for you. P&P has so many great characters to fall in love with, Elizabeth who is headstrong, Jane, the shy one or Lydia the annoying one. But my all time favorite is Mr. Darcy, I love him and I have the t-shirt to prove it. I know you're all like " why do you love him?,"  but I really can't figure it out myself. If and when you read this book you're either going to Love it and say it's the best book ever or you're going to absolutely Hate it and throw it across the room. So, there you have it.

As always tell me what you think! Still working on the comment thing so email me (with the blog name as the subject so it won't be deleted as spam).
Don't Forget to enter the contest. Read more about it on the side of this blog.


~Read More,
Talk Less,
Rory!

0 comments: