Review: Paraworld Zero- Matthew Peterson

Friday, February 27, 2009

| | |
Hey!~

Okay this book took me forever to read but not because it was bad...it was a PDF book.

Title: Paraworld Zero

Author: Matthew Peterson

Summary: Simon Kent is just an ordinary 12 year old trying to cope with the loss of his parents and the bullies at school . . . or so he thinks. After meeting an outspoken girl with strange hair that changes colors with her mood, he is swept into a futuristic world filled with dragonlike creatures, vast technology, and enslaved giants. But Simon also stumbles upon a secret: He can perform magic in this parallel world! While fighting mystical creatures, unraveling an ancient mystery, and even experiencing his first kiss, Simon discovers that he, an outsider from Earth, is the only person who can save the high-tech planet from an impending doom.

My Review: As I said before I got this book from Matthew Peterson as an E-book. Because of this it took awhile for me to start it, but when I did start I seriously couldn't stop. It was like my eyes where glued to the screen. Sure I had to pee really bad and my laptop was making a funky wirring noise from being on so long. But I told Dora (my laptop's name...long story) she could blow up as soon as I was finished with Paraworld Zero. I am deeply impressed with this book. I am a huge Harry Potter fan and a honest Star Wars fan and this book combines what I love of both of them...Magic and Intergalactical stuff. I was so disappointed when it ended I really hope Mr. Peterson gets a new publisher soon because I for one cannot wait for book two (check out Finished Writing Book 2 in the Parallel Worlds Series! where he updates us on his Myspace Blog). It's funny and light but at times deals with slavery and other deep issues. I've read a lot about Paraworld Zero's audio book so I plan on hunting it down (I love audio books, especially the HP ones...I love Jim Dale!). I also plan on buying the paperback version of the book so I can lend it to all my friends. I have a feeling I'm going to be re-reading this one quite a bit.

Don't forget to Comment...especially if you plan on reading it!

And don't forget to Vote on my poll which is on my sidebar---->
Thanks a Bunch!

~Read More,
Talk Less,
Rory!

(Edited on 1-2-14: I've been going through my reviews and editing them for typos but I noticed that I say my laptop's name is Dora and the reason behind it is a long story. I WISH I WROTE THE STORY BECAUSE THAT'S NOT MY COMPUTER'S NAME! It's Sisky Business Bass Wiz (after the bassist in the Academy is, my best friend and I went through a phase during in high school in which we named our electronics after corresponding band members). The second thing I noticed was that there STILL isn't a second book and that makes me sad)

2 comments:

Matthew Peterson said...

Thank you for the kind words about my book, Paraworld Zero. I'm so happy you enjoyed it. I just finished the second book this week, so it'll be a little while before that one is out.

You talked about getting the audiobook, so I'll mention that it's available from Amazon.com and BarnesAndNoble.com, plus the downloadable version is at Audible.com, and iTunes. Also, I'm offering signed copies for 50 to 67% off at my site: http://paraworlds.com/sample/

Anonymous said...

Hey! Love the review! I nominated you for the I Love Your Blog award. Check out the post to pick up your badge and the rules to keep spreading it!