Review: Books 1-3 of Fablehaven by Brandon Mull

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

| | |
Hi there,

Let me start off with two words: SCHOOL SUCKS. Let me add a few more: so does college applications and being sick all the time!!!!

Now that that's off my chest, I can explain that for a while my reviews are going to be rather straight forward and to the point because most have been read a while ago. So...on to the review.

Series: Fablehaven
Author: Brandon Mull

Fablehaven (Fablehaven Series Book #1)
Summary: (whoa how long has that no copy/paste thing been going on? ok no summary directly on the blog. I'll just post a link to the Barnes and Noble one (not that that's where you should buy it or anything that's just my favorite website...i don't even shop there [that much]))
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Fablehaven/Brandon-Mull/e/9781416947202/?itm=1&USRI=fablehaven (yes i realize how long and awful that looks...I'll work on figuring out what to do about it.)


MY REVIEW: My friend Rachel turned me on to this series. I was immediately sucked into this story. I thought the characters balanced each other out in a way that made the story more enjoyable. I found myself eagerly turning the pages and a bit sad when the 368 page book ended.


MY REVIEW: I was really eager to start this book. I remember that I read it while I had the flu the first time this year. It helped me keep my mind off the fact that I was so sick. It's a perfectly easy read for days like that or bad days when you want to visit another place. While subconsciously sending out little life lessons the author makes sure you laugh every once in a while among even the most serious parts.

Grip of the Shadow Plague (Fablehaven Series Book #3)
Summary: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Grip-of-the-Shadow-Plague/Brandon-Mull/e/9781416986034/?itm=5&USRI=fablehaven

MY REVIEW: This was a great book, but compared to the other two it was slow in the plot and action area. It took me way too long in my mind to finish this book. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I finally finished it but I remember asking Rachel if I could perhaps just skip the rest of it and go on to book four. Needless to say that idea got shot down. It picked up a lot in the action department towards the end.

Overall Review: The characters that stuck out the most were Seth, and his friends, the satyrs Doren and Newel. Without their parts the story wouldn't have held the same for me. It's also important to note that these are the types of books that are read by all ages not just kids and teens. I recommend this to anyone who's looking for adventure!
~Read More,
Talk Less,
Rory!


Edit: I just realized I did not rate these books so...

I give the First Three Books of Fablehaven a collective

0 comments: