Review: Ghost Huntress: The Awakening by Marley Gibson

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

| | |

Hi!

Since I’m such a big fan of SiFi’s hit show Ghost Hunters I figured I’d give this book a try.

Title: Ghost Huntress: The Awakening
Author: Marley Gibson

Summary (B&N.com): In this new series, Ghost Huntress, meet Kendall Moorehead, a seemingly typical teen. When her family moves from Chicago to the small historical town of Radisson, Georgia, her psychic abilities awaken. She’s hearing, feeling, and seeing things that seem unbelievable at first, but with the help of the town psychic, Kendall is able to come to terms with her newly emerging gift. So, together with her new BFF, Celia, Kendall forms a ghost hunting team. They’ve got all the latest technology. They’ve got Kendall for their psychic. Now they’re going to clean up Radisson of its less savory spirits.


My Review: I really liked this book and that’s probably because the author Marley Gibson is a ghost huntress herself! I’ve watched the TV show Ghost Hunters for years (the show is actually mentioned in the book and the stars are in the acknowledgements). Kendall and her friends use techniques exactly like those used in the show and that excited me. I’ve always loved ghost stories, scary ghosts or not, if there’s a ghost I’ll read it. There’s a great chance that if you are a skeptic you will find this book ridiculous and throw it across the room, accidentally scaring your cat or something. I am the complete opposite of a skeptic. I have believed in ghosts forever, as does most of my mom’s side of the family (dad’s side? Forget it. They would scare the cats!). If I wasn’t such a coward I would ghost hunt, but alas I don’t. It would be cool though. And that’s why I like this book! You have a front row seat to see professional Ghost Huntresses in action and you don’t even have to leave your house and as an extra added bonus…no nasty cold spots to give you the chills! Oh and if you do get scared you can just put the book down! Kendall and her friends, on the other hand, have to face the things that scare other meek teens such as myself! Overall, this is a very good read and I look forward to reading the rest of the series!

0 comments: