Review: Jessica's Guide to Dating the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey

Friday, November 5, 2010

| | |

Hi!

This seemed really interesting…

Title: Jessica’s Guide to Dating the Dark Side
Author: Beth Fantaskey

Summary (B&N.com): The undead can really screw up your senior year . . .
Marrying a vampire definitely doesn’t fit into Jessica Packwood s senior year get-a-life plan. But then a bizarre (and incredibly hot) new exchange student named Lucius Vladescu shows up, claiming that Jessica is a Romanian vampire princess by birth and he s her long-lost fiancé. Armed with newfound confidence and a copy of Growing Up Undead: A Teen Vampire s Guide to Dating, Health, and Emotions, Jessica makes a dramatic transition from average American teenager to glam European vampire princess. But when a devious cheerleader sets her sights on Lucius, Jess finds herself fighting to win back her wayward prince, stop a global vampire war and save Lucius's soul from eternal destruction.


My Review: This book annoyed me. Generally, there’s something about vampires that irks me but there are certain things that in my mind make a vampire a vampire. A diet of blood alone is at the very top of that list. Lucius, the vampire in this particular tale, eats FOOD, as well as drinks blood, that annoyed me. I also really think the book should have just ENDED in the middle. It just went on and on. But when it did end I liked the ending. Lucius was a very funny character though, his views on America in his letters back home made me like this book.



0 comments: