Review: The Dust of 100 Dogs by A.S. King

Friday, November 5, 2010

| | |

Hi!

I’ve wanted to read this book for soooo long!!!

Title: The Dust of 100 Dogs
Author: A.S. King

Summary (B&N.com): In the late seventeenth century, famed teenage pirate Emer Morrisey was on the cusp of escaping the pirate life with her one true love and unfathomable riches when she was slain and cursed with "the dust of one hundred dogs," dooming her to one hundred lives as a dog before returning to a human body-with her memories intact.
Now she's a contemporary American teenager and all she needs is a shovel and a ride to Jamaica.


My Review: I have never read a pirate book so I have nothing to compare this to (other than POTC which I’m not counting) but I really enjoyed this. I really liked reading about how a poor Irish girl became the fiercest pirate for her time. Then to see how after she served her life as 100 dogs she became a human again and search for the treasure she found in her first life. Everything in the story had a purpose no matter how small and that always amazes me. The way Emer and Saffron’s lives intertwined between the time differences fascinated me. Even though they were the same person with lives that were so different they are both very different from my own. Even after finishing this book, I still think about it.

If anyone has any other pirate books they liked…tell me about them.


0 comments: