Review: The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

| | |

Hi!

I read this for the simple reason that I read The Twilight Saga. I originally wasn’t going to review it, but figured I would just in case (also because I know my cousin will read it sooner or later).

Title: The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner
Author: Stephenie Meyer

Summary (B&N.com): Fans of The Twilight Saga will be enthralled by this riveting story of Bree Tanner, a character first introduced in Eclipse, and the darker side of the newborn vampire world she inhabits. In another irresistible combination of danger, mystery, and romance, Stephenie Meyer tells the devastating story of Bree and the newborn army as they prepare to close in on Bella Swan and the Cullens, following their encounter to its unforgettable conclusion.


My Review: I really thought I wasn’t going to like this book. I was surprised that I actually liked it a lot more than some of the books in the Twilight Saga. I really liked reading about the bad vampires with no huge involvement of Bella and Edward, it was surprisingly refreshing! Even though the end of Bree’s story is known to all who read Eclipse it still surprised me. A part of me was really hoping that the ending would change miraculously. The whole story just worked, everything fell perfectly into place with Eclipse! The end was interesting because it was fun to see the Cullens from someone else’s point of view (other than Bella’s and Jacob‘s). Anyone who read and liked the Twilight Saga should really read this one as well.



0 comments: