Review: Twilight- The Graphic Novel, Volume One by Stephenie Meyer and Young Kim (illustrator)

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

| | |

Hi!

I really don’t like Graphic Novels, but because this one is on Twilight I had to check it out.

Title: Twilight- The Graphic Novel Volume One
Author: Stephenie Meyer/ Young Kim (illustrator)

Summary (B&N.com): When Isabella Swan moves to the gloomy town of Forks and meets the mysterious, alluring Edward Cullen, her life takes a thrilling and terrifying turn. With his porcelain skin, golden eyes, mesmerizing voice, and supernatural gifts, Edward is both irresistible and impenetrable. Up until now, he has managed to keep his true identity hidden, but Bella is determined to uncover his dark secret...


My Review: I have this thing against graphic novels. I only read ones that were actual novels first (ex. Meg Cabot’s Avalon High, JRR Tolkien‘s The Hobbit) or ones based on a tv show or something (ex. That one based on John Winchester from Supernatural). That’s because in traditional graphic novels, I find the drawings just plain sad. I think that’s because my dad’s an artist so I know quality work when I see it. The drawings in Twilight are not bad even though there are seriously random sweat drops on Bella that make absolutely no sense what so ever at all that bugged the heck out of me. I really liked the meadow scene drawings because Edward sparkled right. I was curious about how the illustrator may have done this so I asked my dad. He said she probably erased the sparkle parts to create that effect (I don’t know if this is true but it certainly sounds good). Anyway I would not buy this book, but if your library does have it check it out. I was disappointed though because I didn’t realize this was Volume One until it ended and I was like…um? that’s really not where it ended. Also there are HUGE chunks of the plot taken out. I think that if I hadn’t read Twilight (the novel) first I would have been a little confused.


0 comments: