Review: Let It Snow by John Green, Maureen Johnson, and Lauren Myracle

Sunday, December 26, 2010

| | |

Hi

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE! I figured I’d post this particular review today seeing as it’s a book about CHRISTMAS! (NOTE: I honestly did mean to post this yesterday on Christmas, but I started writing it 15 minutes before my family came over. I was busy the rest of the day, but as they say better late than never at all!)

Title: Let It Snow, Three Holiday Romances
Author: John Green, Maureen Johnson, Lauren Myracle (Anthology)

Summary (goodreads.com): Sparkling white snowdrifts, beautiful presents wrapped in ribbons, and multicolored lights glittering in the night through the falling snow. A Christmas Eve snowstorm transforms one small town into a romantic haven, the kind you see only in movies. Well, kinda. After all, a cold and wet hike from a stranded train through the middle of nowhere would not normally end with a delicious kiss from a charming stranger. And no one would think that a trip to the Waffle House through four feet of snow would lead to love with an old friend. Or that the way back to true love begins with a painfully early morning shift at Starbucks. Thanks to three of today's bestselling teen authors John Green, Maureen Johnson, and Lauren Myracle the magic of the holidays shines on these hilarious and charming interconnected tales of love, romance, and breathtaking kisses.


My Review: This is a group of short stories that actually coincide with one another to the point where they’re also one big story in addition to being three individual stories which I think is so fabulous!

The Jubilee Express by Maureen Johnson (5 hearts)
-AWWW! I want to read more about Stuart and Jubilee (which personally I don’t find to be a weird name at all but characters in the book seem to)! Jubilee is such a sweetheart, Can you imagine being stuck in a strange town on Christmas all alone? I wouldn’t be able to handle that but Jubilee does in this story! As per usual Maureen Johnson doesn’t disappoint! This is such a great story, its funny and serious at the same time.
A Cheertastic Christmas Miracle by John Green (5 hearts)
-This is the first story I’ve ever read by John Green and I’m now convinced he's a genius so I must read some of his other books now. This story is ridiculous (in a good way of course). It’s a story about how several teenagers risk their lives on Christmas Eve to get to a waffle house full of cheerleaders. The whole story is highly amusing!
The Patron Saint of Pigs by Lauren Myracle (3 hearts)
-This story disappointed me a little, it wasn’t nearly as funny as the previous stories. I didn’t enjoy it until the end because it wrapped up the stories of the characters in Johnson and Green’s stories. When the previous characters came in the story got better because I found Addie (the main character of Myracle’s story) annoying and self centered.

Overall, this is an amazing holiday read that I recommend to all my blog readers!


0 comments: