How do a bunch of English Majors celebrate the Bard's 450th Birthday?
|This is my favorite Shakespeare meme. |
I laugh every single time I see it.
- We hung a bunch of Shakespeare memes on every available surface of our building.
- We made our invitation as Shakespearean as possible by including at least 3 puns. (Ours included: Shakespeare wearing a party hat and the lines "Partying is such sweet sorrow," and "Friends, Buffalonians, and Shakespeare Lovers, lend us your ears!")
- We handed out index cards with Shakespeare quotes on them (not all of them were real. We wanted to see if anyone notices that you've changed the words dramatically. Example: "But soft! What light through yonder window breaks?/ It is the east and Juliet is banging as hell").
- We ate copious amounts of stout cupcakes.
- We watched how Sassy Gay Friend saves several Shakespearean females from tragedy.
- And preformed dramatic readings of Dirtbag Hamlet and Romeo & Juliet.
How did you celebrate Shakespeare today?