Review: Willow By Julia Hoban

Saturday, January 2, 2010

| | |
HI!
I read this in December... and it stayed with me.

Title: Willow
Author: Julia Hoban


My Review:This book stayed with me...I feel as if its a part of me now. I've become aware of myself dwelling on it, even though I finished it about a month ago. I couldn't put it down, I was compelled to read it. I was caught in several classes reading under the desk and in one instance told to never bring it back to class because it "was clearly an unwanted distraction". Unwanted Distraction? No, not to me. It was hard for me to understand this novel, not because of the writing, it was written beautifully. I just couldn't understand why Willow cut. It was hard to see her reasoning behind defiling herself, even if it helped her cope with the great loss she suffered. That's what compelled me to read it...I didn't understand. It's really hard for me to explain my views on this book, I know....that's the point of review, but I can't. I do, however, recommend this book to EVERYONE, especially teens going through things.




0 comments: