Review: Reckless by Cornelia Funke

Thursday, November 11, 2010

| | |

Hi!

Another great title from Cornelia Funke, famed author of Inkheart.

Title: Reckless
Author: Cornelia Funke

Summary (B&N.com): Beyond the mirror, the darkest fairy tales come alive. . . .

For years, Jacob Reckless has enjoyed the Mirrorworld’s secrets and treasures.
Not anymore.
His younger brother has followed him.
Now dark magic will turn the boy to beast, break the heart of the girl he loves, and destroy everything Jacob holds most dear. . . .
Unless he can find a way to stop it.

My Review: I love this book, more than Cornelia Funke’s other books besides Inkheart. At the beginning I was a little skeptical and the concept kind of confused me at first but a few chapters in I fell in love and couldn’t put it down. Funke has created another amazing world. The goyls behind the mirror are fascinating creatures that have a skin of stone. From reading Reckless I can definitely detect Funke’s German heritage. The Brothers Grimm’s Fairy tales are deeply fused within this book and I love it! Jacob Reckless is a sort of fairy tale awesome stuff treasure hunter type of person. I think that’s pretty much the coolest thing ever. I think everyone should read this book because its such a good read. Its also a really quick read, it’s a lot smaller than Funke’s other books which was nice. Also Cornelia Funke drew all the pictures so between her words and her drawings this book just comes out of the page. I am eagerly awaiting the next installment.

Check out the Reckless site too, I really liked all the individual videos on each of the characters.




0 comments: