Review: Forever by Maggie Stiefvater

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

| | |

Title: Forever
Author: Maggie Stiefvater

Release Date: July 12, 2011
Publisher: Scholastic
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 386
Source: ARC from publisher
Series: The Wolves of Mercy Falls #3
Other Titles in the Series: Shiver (#1), Linger (#2) (click links for my reviews of these previous titles)
Summary (goodreads.com):
then.

When Sam met Grace, he was a wolf and she was a girl. Eventually he found a way to become a boy, and their love moved from a curious distance to the intense closeness of shared lives.

now.

That should have been the end of their story. But Grace was not meant to stay human. Now she is the wolf. And the wolves of Mercy Falls are about to be killed in one final, spectacular hunt.

forever.

Sam would do anything for Grace. But can one boy and one love really change a hostile, predatory world? The past, the present, and the future are about to collide in one pure moment - a moment of death or life, farewell or forever.

My Review:
I’m so sad that this series is over! I feel like Sam and Grace have been a part of me since I Shiver. I loved how Sam and Grace’s relationship developed in Forever. I especially loved how Isabel has changed as a person; she’s not as annoying to me anymore. Forever took me a long time to read though. I’m not sure if it’s because I didn't want it to end or if it was because it was slightly boring. It felt like I was always waiting for something to happen, but it never did. However, if there’s any book series that I would like to just read about the characters’ daily lives it would be The Wolves of Mercy Falls because of Maggie Stiefvater’s exquisite writing. It’s so simple and yet so beautiful. I’m not exactly impressed with how it ended. I expected more of the major plot points to come to a close instead of being left to the reader’s imagination. All in all, Forever was a glorious book that I’m sure will be in the heart of readers forevermore.


0 comments: